On 6/10/16 3:17 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
I'd want to disable or replace discourse before we make it our official
documentation. We could easily self-host some commenting functionality
if deemed necessary, but adding an unmaintained communication channel
isn't the best idea IMO.

I'm a bit bummed about that. I like it. Is my understanding incorrect
that disqus is fairly established by now? I see it on a bunch of legit
sites, and it seems to add value to those as it could add to ours.

I can see a good reason to have a disqus forum for each page, as I have found tremendous value from the php.net forums on each symbol (with common tricks to use with the given function).

But the problem is, people will ask questions on these forums, and likely will not get answers. I know I'm not going to peruse the docs looking for questions to answer. It's like adding 1000 black holes for newbies to get trapped in.

So what would be the use cases? If we have legitimate reasons to have it, that aren't better solved by routing back to the D forums, or back to github itself (e.g. if you have a trick to post, instead of using disqus, create a PR with the example!).

-Steve