On Thursday, 1 September 2016 at 10:43:50 UTC, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
I have never seen what benefit could be gained from having overloads. I think they are a relict from languages without static if.

I mean, overloads with same function signature except for the condition. Of course if the overloads have different parameters or return type, they may make sense. But they still uglyfy the API, so I try to avoid them - instead I use default parameters and template parameters what pretty much always works.