On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 18:11:54 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

I think the performance gain we are looking at here is marginal, and I don't expect people to change their code to get a marginal benefit, so I suggest the performance aspect of the change to be simply left aside.

Yes, imports are (in most cases) not performance relevant!

So the question now is would the added expressivity of per declaration import be worth the language change. I have to admit I'm not convinced either way.

Neither am I.

Finally, while I proposed a variation of the "with import" combo in the past, I'm now much more convinced that using the plain import syntax, without the ';' is better. I was afraid there was a syntax conflict, but it doesn't looks like there is one. This will not introduce a new syntax, but allow an existing one to be used in a new location. This is, IMO, much more valuable.

I am still not sure what problem it is trying to solve :)