On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 at 10:22:26 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
But, the way I see it TypeScript + "native libraries" has the potential for covering a lot of ground. The eco system is exploding.

Having done a fair amount of professional development in typescript over the last 6 months, I have to say I'm not as excited about it as I used to be. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's the best language in its space, but the javascript underneath it shows through in a lot of bad places and the lack of real meta-programming makes it hard to get your types exactly how you want them. Overall I've found it a frustrating when I compare it to working in D, despite it having a bunch of cool features I'd love to use in D.