On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 07:58:36 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
On Thursday, 9 March 2017 at 21:08:17 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
I'm using ddoc for the first time. I was naively expecting something resembles dlang.org, and the results is a bit disappointing. So I looked at dlang.org and realized lots and lots of ddoc templates are required to achieve that.

As the developer of a tiny package that nobody cares, I want to have a nice looking documents page, but I don't want put too much (or any!) time into it. And I don't care whether my documents have any "personality". I guess a lot people would agree.

So why don't we make the defaults more beautiful? Or make the dlang.org templates easier to adopt for average users?

My favorite one is: https://github.com/MartinNowak/scod.

BTW, the default ddox (the one that comes with dub) is getting an upgrade soon: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/pull/149
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/pull/150.

I tried ddox, and it worked pretty well. Only problem is that, ddox uses the json output of dmd, which is different from dmd -D result. dmd -D will include the then-branch of static-ifs and version blocks that's been compiled in, but the json output doesn't.

Is this by design? Or can we make the json output consistent with the ddoc output?