On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 09:19:39 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 21:05:51 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
[ ... ]

I just found more states we get into, that should be impossible to ever get into.
I am stumped.
Baffled.
And seriously befuddled!

So .. this is partially because we assume the stack to be zeroed if we have not written to it yet. It is zero-initialized after all, however If we are returning from a function that wrote to the stack and then we are calling another function, that function will see the state the previous function left there...

which just means ... we have to zero our temporaries and locals on function entery.
implementing this however breaks incremental code-generation.

Awwwww ....