On Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 01:13:08 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 00:34:45 UTC, MysticZach wrote:

As a matter of procedure, you don't want to assign a DIP number to it yourself. I'm pretty sure that is for the DIP manager.

We're well aware. The file name is not indicative of anything.

The README outlines the procedure for DIP submission, including the format of the filename. The concern is that if you include number in the filename, it opens the door to people referring to it by that number. We want to avoid that.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/README.md