On 20/11/2009 23:49, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Yigal Chripun"<yigal...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
Based on recent discussions on the NG a few features were
deprecated/removed from D, such as typedef and C style struct
initializers.

IMO this cleanup and polish is important and all successful languages do
such cleanup for major releases (Python and Ruby come to mind). I'm glad
to see that D follows in those footsteps instead of accumulating craft
like C++ does.

As part of this trend of cleaning up D before the release of D2, what
other features/craft should be removed/deprecated?

I suggest reverse_foreach and c style function pointers

please add your candidates for removal.

s/reverse_foreach/foreach_reverse/ ;)

thanks :)

1. Floating point literals without digits on *both* sides!!! "1.", ".1" -->
Useless hindrance to future language expansion!

2. Octal literals! I think it'd be great to have a new octal syntax, or even
better, a general any-positive-inter-base syntax. But until that finally
happens, I don't want "010 == 8" preserved. And I don't think the ability to
have an octal literal is important enough that lacking it for a while is a
problem. And if porting-from-C really has to be an issue, then just make
0[0-9_]+ an error for a transitionary period (or forever - it'd at least be
better than maintaining "010 == 8").

3. Also the comma operator, but that's already been recently discussed.

agree two all counts.