On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 18:40:05 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
A (surely controversial) idea popped into my head while talking in #d on Freenode. The C++ guys are making an STL2 (the highlight of it being that it is range based). What about taking all the lessons learned from Phobos and creating a Phobos 2? It wouldn't replace the current version. You could import either in one program. It also wouldn't be a radical redesign. Most of Phobos could be used as is. What it would do is allow fixing some hard or impossible problems without losing backward compatibility.

[...]
Maybe we do not have to replace, just expand on the line. Now the standard library is a lot of things are common, do not rely on GC。 I write a lib to expand the Phobos : https://github.com/dushibaiyu/yu