On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 13:30:21 UTC, Joakim wrote:

On the other hand, maybe D is not meant for the kind of user who needs such an easy path. What does it matter if you set D up really easily and then can't grasp such a sprawling, lower-level language? Perhaps _this_ is the right packaging for D right now, to keep away the kinds of casual users who would not be suited for D.

Today I agree with that, but in 1-2 years when mir/lubeck are in better shape I'm probably going to disagree. Hoping someone packages something together like an Anaconda for D that just easily works.