On Wednesday, 2 August 2017 at 09:50:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/2/2017 2:24 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
And there was me being a great fan of AST macros in those languages that have
them.

There are many who share your views here :-)

Well d have a goto statement despite having a famous argument against goto statments, so it not like d always follows the rules.

Regardless, what impress me the most is the part where it came be used to enforce coding standards at compile time. Which I am trying to look if it's possible with d and sadly no luck.

Is it to much to ask for d developers to provide a way to enforce custom coding standards in a similar fashion that @nogc and @safe does?

Alex