On 2017-10-26 12:16, Adam Wilson wrote:

How many though?

It's not like I've been counting, but more than one.

Also, we have to do it for macOS, why is Windows special? The macOS setup was just as hard. Download two large packages (XCode+Cmd tools), install, and done.

I'm not saying Windows is special. I tried to use DMD and Visual Studio together, it didn't work that well. I did not use the DMD installation, I already had DMD installed (using DVM). I did not know the exact paths/environment variables to use for DMD to find the Visual Studio tool chain. I also recall finding it very difficult to find the download for the SDK, it was not included in the Visual Studio installation I used.

I did not have these problems on macOS, but perhaps that's just me, I'm not a Windows developer.

--
/Jacob Carlborg