On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:02:46 +0100, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Simen kjaeraas wrote:
I'm already in love with this feature.

So am I. It seems to be incredibly powerful.

Looks to me you can do things like:

1. hook up to COM's IDispatch

2. create 'classes' at runtime

3. add methods to existing classes (monkey patching) that allow such extensions

4. provide an easy way for users to add plugins to an app

5. the already mentioned "swizzler" functions that are generated at runtime based on the name of the function

I know, and interfacing with scripting languages just got
even awesomer than it already was in D.

Oh, and another thing: Will we get property syntax for this?

I'd like to use this for shaders, allowing one to refer to
the shader's own variables directly from D, but currently I am
limited to function call syntax (unless I'm missing something?)

--
Simen