On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 02:20:15 UTC, Michael V. Franklin wrote:
On Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 13:35:13 UTC, Michael V. Franklin wrote:

What's the official word?  Does it require a DIP?

For those who might want to know, Walter has informed me that this change will require a DIP. I already have two DIPs in the queue right now, so I wouldn't mind if someone else wrote it.

But, absent any volunteers, I would welcome all of you to reply to this thread with some use cases where you might find UDAs or other attributes useful on enum members. Deprecation and serialization have already been mentioned, but it'd be impossible for me to imagine all the different ways users might find this feature useful.

Thanks,
Mike

I'd be interested in working on a DIP like this Michael, but I also want to expand the scope to allowing UDAs on function arguments as well. We should have some solid use cases in mind; let's take this to private email.