On 2/20/2018 4:32 PM, Manu wrote:
It's configurable... what seems to happen though, is that occasionally
my setting resets.
Perhaps google updates gmail and it resets some settings like that? I
dunno. I don't notice when the setting resets, but Walter does.

I notice because the Thunderbird newsreader lists the line count of each post, and it's pretty obvious when the line count is far higher than the number of displayed lines.

I agree, I can technically control this, but if the NG really doesn't
want the html version of the email, it would be easy for the mailing
list to mechanically truncate the html, since that's the default
setting for virtually all email clients anyway. Every mailing list
user must surely commit this sin?

Generally I think it is a bad idea to edit the news files to be something different from what the user sent. It suggests we are editing the content as well, and I don't want to get into that mess. The only thing I will do is delete posts.

Yours and everyone elses' posts are exactly as received.