On 03/18/2018 11:28 PM, Manu wrote:

I know these feels so well.
People take their one experience, and that's the truth on the matter.
The sad part is, it's actually a massive missed opportunity! If these
colleagues posted here, and instead were greeted by recognition of
their issue, and provided a satisfactory work-around, or even a prompt
fix, they would have taken a COMPLETELY different message away from
their interaction; it would be "this D comunity is so awesome, I can
have confidence that our issues will be handled in a personalised
way!", and there's very strong value in that for a business...

Well *of course* they would love any group that does custom work for them for free! ;)

But I think, therein lies one of the big shortcomings we have in promoting D:

Around here, we complain and whine and...erm...b***h (don't need another of Walter's secret PC-enforment emails) about "this is a volunteer project, we're not getting paid for this, blah blah blah"...

*AND YET*: We don't have NO crystal clear, obvious way for people to actually say "I need this, SO HERE, TAKE MY MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR IT!!!" (Sure, we know that Walter's been open to stuff like that, but do prospective D users know that?)

That's what we need. Solves everyone's problems. Improves D. Gets us around the "not backed by a company" problems. Brings businesses into D instead of turning them away at the gates. I mean, shoot: *We* want users, we want money, we want to get paid to work on/with D. *They* have money and want things done. Let's get together, right?!! Everybody happy!