On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 at 07:14:11 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On Monday, 18 June 2018 at 20:54:22 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Saturday, 16 June 2018 at 08:39:07 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 23:04:40 UTC, Sjoerd Nijboer wrote:
For someone coming from a C# background there is some seemingly simple syntactic sugar missing from D.

Oh kid. I tried all of that and more. Like 4 years ago. Pardon for my temper but no I know what I’m talking about and it’s not “I tried it for a week and now I see async is nice”.

To hell with that!
I have actually seen and worked (not directly) on code **cking does make async stack traces tolerable (google for causal stack traces, Dart).

Again sorry to hurt your feelings but unless I see deep technical good reason to go for async, I’ll die fighting against it. Let’s bot cargocult for once, especially considering the interplay with just about any bloody language feature to get “shugar”.

P.S. Damn, it really pusses me off. No offence was meant.
No offense taken. I feel your rage...ha ha. What happened between you and the past where JavaScript was involved?

—
Dmitry Olshansky