On 22/09/18 11:52, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

Honestly, I was horrified to find out that emojis were even in Unicode. It
makes no sense whatsover. Emojis are supposed to be sequences of characters
that can be interepreted as images. Treating them like Unicode symbols is
like treating entire words like Unicode symbols. It's just plain stupid and
a clear sign that Unicode has gone completely off the rails (if it was ever
on them). Unfortunately, it's the best tool that we have for the job.

- Jonathan M Davis

Thank Allah that someone said it before I had to. I could not agree more. Encoding whole words as single Unicode code points makes no sense.

U+FDF2

Shachar