It would be nice to say "in this function, assume numeric literals are of type T," but that might be too specific a solution (could only apply to builtin types). I don't think it's feasible for the compiler to infer what type it should use.

-Steve

It would be nice indeed!
My proposal"ish" idea was exactly for this problem,
that removing "default literal" rule, and treating every implicit constant (constant without literal) as a generic type. I don't think it will ever happen even if i was able to provide full parsing framework, since C is a strong opponent :)

Thanks!