strtr wrote:
Walter Bright Wrote:

strtr wrote:
I'm not really searching for perfect/fixed math, but that the math is consistent on different x86 hardware after compilation. Is this possible?

Yes, but you'll have to avoid the math functions if you're using C ones.
As they are dynamic linked?

No, because the implementations of them vary from platform & compiler to
platform & compiler. This is whether they are static or dynamically linked.

The D ones should give the same results.
So as long as I only use floats (and doubles) and use the std.math functions
I should be save over x86 ?

Given the same arguments, you'll get the same results on every D platform. But the calculation of the argument values can vary.

This would mean a lot to me :D Why do all the
std.math functions state reals as arguments?

Because they are designed for maximum precision.