On 04/30/2010 08:55 AM, Moritz Warning wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:07:06 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:02:32 -0400, Moritz Warning
<moritzwarn...@web.de>  wrote:

have you thought about just asking the authors of the Tango code in
question?
I would imagine they would say that they only see a minor resemblance
in the api and asking wouldn't even be necessary from their point of
view.

One of the major authors of the Tango time module, John Chapman, cannot
be located so until he is and agrees the proposed Phobos time module
cannot be accepted."

-Steve

Well, then let's point this out (we need to contact JC, that's the
problem at heart).
All the blaming doesn't help anyone.

Moritz, I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Following SHOO's request to add his date/time to Phobos, Walter received a phone call at home from a Tango representative. The representative stated that the Tango team (of which five people worked on the date/time code) finds that code infringing upon their license, which would make Phobos infringing if it accepted said code.