Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2010-10-18 14:31:26 -0400, Tomek Sowiński <j...@ask.me> said:

Call me crazy, but I think it is safe to implicitly convert a pure function's return value to immutable. What you think?

Well, it depends on the arguments of the pure function. Here's two cases where it won't work.
[snip]
So I'd precise your assertion by saying it is safe to implicitly convert a pure function's return value to immutable, but only when all the arguments you feed to it are immutable.

Tomek stated that at the end of his original post. I think he is correct.
And no, I don't think it would be difficult to implement.