On 29/10/2010 12:50, Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:40:35 +0400, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+s...@com.gmail> wrote:

On 13/10/2010 18:48, Daniel Gibson wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu schrieb:
On 10/13/10 11:16 CDT, Denis Koroskin wrote:
P.S. For threads this deep it's better fork a new one, especially when
changing the subject.

I thought I did by changing the title...

Andrei

At least on my Thunderbird/Icedove 2.0.0.24 it's still in the old
Thread.

Same here on my Thunderbird 3.0. Is seems TB cares more about the
"References:" field in NNTP message to determine the parent. In fact,
with version 3 of TB, it seems that's all it considers... which means
that NG messages with the same title as the parent will not be put in
the same thread as the parent if they don't have the references field.
That sounds like the right approach, however there are some problems
in practice because some clients never put the references field
(particularly Webnews I think), so all those messages show up in my TB
as new threads. :/

Nope, most of the responses through WebNews have correct References in
place.

All responses that appear as new threads in my TB (ie, threads whose title starts with "Re: ") and for which I have looked at the message source, have user agent:
and no references field. These messages are common with some posters, like berophile, Sean Kelly, Kagamin,etc.. But some Web-News messages do have a references field though, so it's not all Web-News messages that are missing it.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer