On 11/10/10 1:45 PM, Tomek Sowiński wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu napisał:

I'm having trouble thinking of something that would go in this module
that wouldn't be a better fit somewhere else. What do you envision?

I thought of it for a bit, but couldn't come up with anything :o). I
think you're right!

Yeah, I think std.all would be just fine, or as Pelle proposed, a module
publicly importing a first-aid kit for scripting.

Someone proposed to add something like
http://docs.python.org/library/fileinput.html to Phobos. I think it's a
good idea. We have all mechanics in place (byLine/byChunk, chain). So it
should be easy to define byLine to accept an array of filenames:

import std.stdio;
void main(string args[]) {
getopt(args, ...);

Speaking of getopt, when writing the 'grep' snippet I missed anonymous options
a lot:

bool h, i; string expr; string[] files;
getopt(args, "h",&h, "i",&i,&expr,&files);

They can be implemented with relatively little effort.

Not getting the example. How would anonymous options work?