On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:58:10 -0500, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Having a logical const feature in D would not be a convention, it would be enforced, as much as const is enforced. I don't understand why issues with C++ const or C++'s mutable feature makes any correlations on how a D logical const system would fare. C++ const is not D const, not even close.

Because people coming from C++ ask "why not do it like C++'s?"

I don't get it. A way to make a field mutable in a transitively-const system is syntactically similar to C++, but it's not the same. Having a logical-const feature in D does not devolve D's const into C++'s const. If anything it's just a political problem.

-Steve