Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
By the way, I couldn't stop cringing at the distasteful, male-centric sexual jokes that the talk is peppered with. Wonder if there was any woman in the audience, and how she might have felt. And this is not a ghetto rant - it's the keynote of a major Ruby conference! (And I'm definitely not a prude.) Am I alone in thinking that this is not what our metier should evolve into?

I thought the foul language, dirty jokes, etc., were inappropriate for a keynote. I had had enough and stopped watching about 2/3 of the way through.