On 2011-01-06 21:12, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2011-01-06 15:01:18 -0500, Jesse Phillips
<jessekphillip...@gmail.com> said:

Walter Bright Wrote:

A couple months back, I did propose moving to git on the dmd
internals mailing
list, and nobody was interested.

I probably wasn't on the list at the time. I'm certainly interested,
it'd certainly make it easier for me, as I'm using git locally to access
that repo.

One thing I like a lot about svn is this:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/291

You mean this:
https://github.com/braddr/dmd/commit/f1fde96227394f926da5841db4f0f4c608b2e7b2

That's

only if you're hosted on github. If you install on your own server, git
comes with a web interface that looks like this (pointing to a specific
diff):
<http://repo.or.cz/w/LinuxKernelDevelopmentProcess.git/commitdiff/d7214dcb5be988a5c7d407f907c7e7e789872d24>

Also
when I want an overview with git I just type gitk on the command line to
bring a window where I can browser the graph of forks, merges and
commits and see the diff for each commit. Here's what gitk looks like:
<http://michael-prokop.at/blog/img/gitk.png>

Have you heard of gitx? I suggest you take a look at it: http://gitx.frim.nl/index.html . It's a Mac OS X GUI for git.

where the web view will highlight the revision's changes. Does git or
mercurial
do that? The other thing I like a lot about gif is it sends out
emails for each
checkin.

One thing I would dearly like is to be able to merge branches using
meld.

http://meld.sourceforge.net/

Git does not have its own merge tool. You are free to use meld. Though
there is gitmerge which can run meld as the merge tool.

Looks like meld itself used git as it's repository. I'd be surprised if
it doesn't work with git. :-)

--
/Jacob Carlborg