Am 06.01.2011 23:26, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
"Daniel Gibson"<metalcae...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
Am 06.01.2011 20:46, schrieb Walter Bright:
Russel Winder wrote:
Pity, because using one of Mercurial, Bazaar or Git instead of
Subversion is likely the best and fastest way of getting more quality
contributions to review. Although only anecdotal in every case where a
team has switched to DVCS from CVCS -- except in the case of closed
projects, obviously -- it has opened things up to far more people to
provide contributions. Subversion is probably now the single biggest
barrier to getting input on system evolution.

A couple months back, I did propose moving to git on the dmd internals
mailing
list, and nobody was interested.

One thing I like a lot about svn is this:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/291

where the web view will highlight the revision's changes. Does git or
mercurial
do that? The other thing I like a lot about gif is it sends out emails
for each
checkin.

It's not SVN but trac doing this.
And trac's mercurial plugin seems to support that as well:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMercurial#MercurialChangesets

Bitbucket also supports that kind of view, see for example:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/changeset/44b6978e5f6c

The GitPlugin should support that as well, if I interpret the feature list
correctly: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GitPlugin

Dsource seems to support both git and mercurial, but I don't know which
projects use them, else I'd them as examples to see how those trac plugins
work in real life.

DDMD uses Mercurial on DSource: http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddmd

http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddmd/changeset?new=rt%40185%3A13cf8da225ce&old=rt%40183%3A190ba98276b3
"Trac detected an internal error:"
looks like dsource uses an old/broken version of the mercurial plugin.
But normally it *should* work, I think.