On 2011-01-08 16:01, Russel Winder wrote:
On 2011-01-06 21:12, Michel Fortin wrote:
[ . . . ]
Also
when I want an overview with git I just type gitk on the command line to
bring a window where I can browser the graph of forks, merges and
commits and see the diff for each commit. Here's what gitk looks like:
<http://michael-prokop.at/blog/img/gitk.png>

gitk uses the Tk widget set which looks hideous -- at least on my Ubuntu
and Debian systems.  I now use gitg which appears to have the same
functionality, but looks almost acceptable.  There is also git-gui.

Doesn't the Tk widget set look hideous on all platforms. I can't understand why both Mercurial and git have chosen to use Tk for the GUI.

--
/Jacob Carlborg