On 1/19/2011 12:50 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:16:40 +0200, Austin Hastings
<ah0801...@yahoo.com> wrote:

None of them worked.

Most of those build utilities do exactly what make + your perl-foo do.

No, they don't.

That's the point: I was _getting started_ with D2. I had no strong desire to reinvent the wheel, build tool-wise. But the tools I was pointed at just didn't work.

I don't mean in a theoretic way - "this tool doesn't detect clock skew on a network that spans the international date line!" - I mean they wouldn't compile, or would compile but couldn't parse the D2 source files, or would compile but then crashed when I ran them.

=Austin