This will be a _fantastic_ function to have. I think that I probably even have
an enhancement request somewhere that includes such a function. It's far too
common that you have to find something and you want both what is before and
after
the point that you find. Now, that being the case, I'd probably more commonly
find
it useful to get the part before what was found and then the part beginning with
what was found, but this works too.

I suspect there might be a simple and intuitive way to define a family of functions that give you whatever portions of the find you're interested in (before, match, after, before and match, match and after). That could be either a naming convention or a template argument. Any ideas, let me know.