On 1/28/11 3:25 PM, retard wrote:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:14:04 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I think as D matures
and hopefully gets more enterprise support, these problems will be
history.

This is the classic chicken or the egg problem. I'm not trying to be
unnecessarily mean. Enterprise support is something you desperately need.
Consider dsource, wiki4d, d's bugzilla etc. It's amazing how much 3rd
party money and effort affects the development. Luckily many things are
also free nowadays such as github.

I don't see any need to prove how well Haskell works. Even though it's
a "avoid success at all costs" experimental research language. It just
works. I mean to the extent that I'm willing to go with these silly
test projects that try to prove something.

The statements I made are not a property of D, they are a property of
the lack of backing/maturity.  I'm sure when Haskell was at the same
maturity stage as D, and if it had no financial backing/support
contracts, it would be just as much of a gamble.

But Haskell developers have uninterruptedly received funding during the
years.

That doesn't say much about anything. Some projects worked well with funding, some worked well with little or no initial funding.

You seem to think that D is inherently flawed because of D, but it's
simply too young for some tasks.  It's rapidly getting older, and I
think in a year or two it will be mature enough for most projects.

I've heard this before. I've also heard the 64-bit port and many other
things are done in a year/month or two. The fact is, you're overly
optimistic and these are all bullshit. When I come back here in a year or
two, I have full justification to laugh at your stupid claims.

I think if you do that I have full justification to send you back where you originally came from. Cut the crap for a change, will you. Thanks.