On 01/30/2011 09:32 PM, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
foobar wrote:
Tomek Sowiński Wrote:

Andrej Mitrovic napisał:

If you really want to set up a column limit that *everyone* has to abide to,
then make a poll to see what everyone can agree on.
Actually that's a splendid idea. Let's take it easy. Regardless of that silly
beef I'm really curious what distribution will emerge.

What is your preferred *maximum* length for a line of D code? (please reply
with a number only)

--
Tomek

I think that putting an artificial limit is incredibly stupid. Haven't anyone here
learned the "No magic numbers" rule?!?!

Walter correctly pointed out that it's harder to read long rows, however,
unlike printed text and ancient terminals, current display technology is much
more dynamic.
Font size, zoom level, screen form-factor, window size, resolution, etc means
that each person can configure his own individual optimal view.

As the OP said, use word wrap and adjust your editor window width/font
size/zoom level/etc to your liking.
If your editor does not support this "new" feature, go get a new editor and
don't bother other people with different preferences.
Stop forcing this moronic "one size fits all" attitude on everyone.

        Do you know of any editor that can word wrap *while respecting
indentation*? Any editor I know will wrap to the first column, which
renders indentation pointless in the presence of long lines...

                Jerome

Yop, geany :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geany

Denis
--