*Sigh* I was hoping for a clearer vote than this.

assertThrown, assertNotThrown, and collectExceptionMsg are clearly in, but the
vote on assertPred is not so clear.

No
---
Brad Roberts (I appeared to be against but didn't vote outright)
David Nadlinger
Don
Jim? (I _think_ that he was voting no, but he didn't seem to think that he
could
vote)
Michel Fortin
SHOO
Spir

Yes
---
Andrei Alexandrescu (at least he was until the most recent discussion on
improving assert)
Andrej Mitrovic
Andrew Wiley
Jens Mueller
Lars T. Kyllingstad (from his comments, he appears to be in favor, but he never
outright voted)
Nick Sabalausky
Tomek SowiƄski (he definitely seems to be in favor but didn't vote outright)

I _think_ that I got everyone, but most of the discussion on it has been how to
improve it, not voting on whether it went in or not. In some cases, it's not
entirely clear that someone actually voted even if their intent was clear. And
there are definitely people who were involved in the discussion who never
voted.
I think that in the future, we need to try and separate the improvement
discussions from the votes, with a specific, relatively short time frame (as in
more like a week than a month) for votes - rather than having them spread
throughout the discussion. I _tried_ to get people to vote at the end, but I
guess that I wasn't clear enough or not enough people were paying attention.

So, it's around a tie with regards to assertPred, with a definite lack of
voting.
We have not gotten a commitment that assert will be improved, and assertPred
does more than assert could do even if it were improved (out of the 8 overloads
of assertPred, assert could only replace two of them at best - albeit the most
useful two). Don asked me to open an enhancement request for improving assert,
which I still need to do, but it's not clear that it's actually going to
happen,
and at least some of the voting seems to be done with the idea that if we're
going to get an improved assert, then there's no need for assertPred (which I'm
not sure I agree with, but it could be debated).

So, it's obvious from those who voted that there is no overwhelming vote in
favor of adding assertPred to Phobos, but it's not exactly against either -
though there are some people on both sides who are very strongly. We got a
fairly ambigous vote IMHO.

So, I don't know what that means we should do. Ideally, I'd prefer to have a
second vote to make it clear, since so few people voted (and many of those who
did weren't clear about it), and I had to scour older posts to find most of
them.
But it's not like we have formalized rules on all of this yet. Looking at the
Boost page that Andrei gave previously (
http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html ) does not make it all clear about
what Boost does with regards to voting.

- Jonathan M Davis