On 02/12/2011 10:46 AM, Christopher Nicholson-Sauls wrote:

All of this is hardly related to the simple feature I initially asked for:

     string escString (string s) @tellmeifnotinlined {
         s2 = s.replace("\n","\\n");
         s2 = s.replace("\t","\\t");
             return s2;
         }
     void show (X x) {
         // ... use escString ...
         }
==>
     Warning: function 'escString' in module 'foo' (line 123) was not
inlined.
     (or else it was actually inlined)

Which (I guess) is not that a big deal since the compiler needs to
decide anyway. I just wish to be informed of the result of the decision
procedure, only in case of 'no'.

Denis

I could really go for that, myself.  Occasionally I've wanted such a
beasty.  I really do think it makes more sense as a pragma() than an
attribute unto itself, though.

Agreed, since it's not a language feature properly speaking. Anyway...

Denis
--
vita es estrany