On 03/08/2011 09:25 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Nick Sabalausky"<a@a.a>  wrote in message
"Jonathan M Davis"<jmdavisp...@gmx.com>  wrote in message
On Monday, March 07, 2011 12:43:00 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Jonathan M Davis"<jmdavisp...@gmx.com>  wrote in message

On Sunday 06 March 2011 21:57:30 Nick Sabalausky wrote:

Yea, that's what I figured, and that's why I was strongly in favor of
assertPred despite the "promise" of assert improvements.

You're the sole author of assertPred, right? Do you mind if I include it
in
my zlib/libpng-licensed SemiTwist D Tools library (
http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist ) ? I already have an
assert-alternative in there, but assertPred is vastly superior.
(Although,
my assert-alternative does save a list of failures instead of
immediately
throwing, which I personally find to be essential for unittests, so I
would
probably add the *optional* ability to have assertPred do the same.)

Yes. I'm the sole author. Feel free to re-use it. It's under Boost, so
you can
use it for whatever Boost lets you do with it, and even if what you're
doing
isn't Boost compatible, it's fine with me if you use it anyway.

Thanks.

I've added it and made an optional 'autoThrow' flag that, if set to false,
prevents a failure from immediately bailing out of the whole unittest (some
people like that, like me, and others don't).

http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist/changeset?new=%2F%40196&old=%2F%40193

I like it as well.

Denis
--