Am 04.04.2011 23:34, schrieb Daniel Gibson:
Am 04.04.2011 23:27, schrieb Matthias Pleh:
was: [GSoC] Container proposals by Ishan and Christian

[snip]

This were the requirments for the GUI library:
- Corss-platform (Win/linux)

Don't forget Mac OSX.
I just listed the requirments in our company, but you're rigth. We must support at least the three main platforms Win/linux/OSX

Also note that on Linux there are two widely used toolkits, GTK and Qt,
and that QT is better in emulating GTK than the other way round (you can
let GTK use the current QT theme or something, but it'll still use the
GTK filepicker etc. QT's GTK emulation is better and uses the real GTK
filepicker).
that's true

[snip]

I don't know if wee need yet another GUI library.
I have not said, that it must be create a completly new library.
We just have to find out, what are the requirments for the D community, and how can we achieve that.
Whe have mainly 4 options:
- support an existing project and help to meet our requirments
- fork an existing project and advance it to our requirments
- port a library from another language and advance it, to meet better
  the D coding style
- create a new library (which also can be based on a older abandoned
  project)

Are you sure Qt and DWT aren't good enough?
As I mentioned in my post, I couldn't assure the others. Not every decision-maker base his decisions on pure technical arguments, sometimes it's just his gut feeling or the cleaning lady's advice, who knows :)

°Matthias