On 2011-04-05 12:28, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Jacob Carlborg"<d...@me.com>  wrote in message
news:inen8g$2cec$1...@digitalmars.com...
On 2011-04-05 03:36, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Daniel Gibson"<metalcae...@gmail.com>   wrote in message

I don't know if wee need yet another GUI library.
Are you sure Qt and DWT aren't good enough?

AIUI:

DWT doesn't support D2 (neither does wxD).

The Windows port now works with D2. Working on the Linux port.

Yea, I just saw another post mentioning that. That's awesome :)

QtD requires a patched DMD, MinGW (which is fucking god-awful), and cmake
(I
have to let some variant of "make" touch my computer? Why can't we just
let
make die?). And it requires running your code through a preprocessor.

And none of those have actual API documentation, they just refer to the
C/C++ docs. I use D because I never want to look at another line of C++
as
long as I live.

SWT is written in Java :)

Oh yea, that's right :)

Except for the bindings to the native functions which is written in C with JNI but there's no reason to look at those.

--
/Jacob Carlborg