SQLite project pay high attention to compatibility. AFAIK, all changes
except
first digit are upward compatible - you can take bindings for 3.5.0 and
link
wih 3.7.6 - all will work as expected, You just will not see new API.

P.S. I updated bindings version to 3.7.6.2 and fixed one bug (see github).

Thank you for your hard work, Alex!

I consider it a no-brainer to include just the bindings and SQLite C code in etc right now. SQLite is arguably the most widely used database, is easy to distribute and is public domain. It would be great if this infrastructure was "just there" for whoever wants to build on it.

As far as the wrapper, I would love a simple SQLite wrapper in Phobos, since SQLite is the only DB I personally care about. However, it seems others in the community are interested in a more general SQL DB wrapper that can be used with a variety of backends. Now that no GSoC database project has been accepted, we need to consider other options for getting this done. I understand that there are a lot of independent attempts, but I don't know the status of them or which ones, if any, are targeting eventual inclusion in Phobos.

I'm familiar with SQLite and MySQL API, but I don't work with another
databases. I can try to make something like "standard interface" for
DB wrappers - at least for simpler cases it will be acceptable, and I
need something like this anyway.

It seems that database and statement objects will be ref-counted
structs (because of need to correctly free resources) - but then we cannot
use interfaces and must go to templates and auto. Does this sound reasonable? I don't like loss of interface's self-documentation, but cannot see another way.