On 6/10/11 11:55 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
However, I still think it's a deterioration from the user's point of
view compared to the current situation with hand-crafted enums: it still
requires a string, and the documentation will say func(Flag!"abc" abc),
repeating the parameter's name unless you hand-craft a special Ddoc
version of the function declaration. It's better than Flag!"abc".yes,
but it's worse than Abc.yes.

But the problem is the same today.

enum Abc : bool { no, yes }
void fun(Abc abc = Abc.no);

No difference. In the function declaration, the word "abc" occurs three
times.

Which makes Flag even less of an improvement.

I'm not sure I figure the reasoning. You can't penalize twice for the same reason. This makes the existing situation less desirable, not Flag less of an improvement over it.