On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:33:21 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

dget would just add the appropriate path:

import dcollections.TreeMap =>
get
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections/import/dcollections/TreeMap.d

hm.. doesn't work
get
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections/import/dcollections/TreeMap.di

ok, there it is!

This assumes the URL contains the package prefix. That would work, but
imposes too much on the URL structure. I find the notation
-Upackage=url more general.

Look at the url again, I'll split out the include path and the import:

[http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections/import] /
[dcollections/TreeMap.di]

I understood the first time. Yes, so it imposes on the url structure that it ends with /dcollections/.

There is nothing being assumed by dget. It could try and import
dcollections.TreeMap from some other remote path as well, and fail. It
follows the same rules as the current import scheme, just with urls
instead of paths.

I don't think it's a good idea to search several paths for a given import. One import should map to two download attempts: one for the .di, next for .d.