> I understand the appeal, but I also understand the inherent
> limitations of HTTP versus a file system. I don't think it's wise
> pounding the former into the shape of the other.

AIUI, you can't search for a module on a local filesystem either,
aside from guessing a name. In D, a module name doesn't necessarily
have to match the file name.

If you import foo.bar;, you have two options:

call it foo/bar.d

pass whatever.d that has "module foo.bar;" in it on the command
line explicitly.

Being able to do a list directory entries feature doesn't really
help locate a given named D module anyway.