Den 19-06-2011 05:16, Jimmy Cao skrev:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM, jdrewsen <jdrew...@nospam.com
<mailto:jdrew...@nospam.com>> wrote:

    Den 18-06-2011 22:52, Jimmy Cao skrev:

        Would an SMTP protocol struct be beneficial?

    My immediate goal is to provide HTTP support and basic FTP support
    through libcurl. I believe these are the most important protocols to
    get in place in order to improve the adoption of D.

    I have currently no plans of adding more protocols to the curl
    wrapper. Patches are welcome :)

Here's a crude implementation for supporting the SMTP protocol:
https://gist.github.com/1033711

What do you think?

Very nice. A couple of things I believe would help:
1, Get rid of MailMessageData and use curl.onSend() and a delegate that keeps a reference to the message. That way you don't have to use the lower level Curl.set(infile/readfunction) calls as well.

2, It would be nice if the static sendMail(...) function worked like the Http/Ftp counterparts. They return a Result object that you can change before performing the actual task. That way you can easily set timeouts etc. If there shouldn't be support for async smtp then this is probably not important though.

My biggest concern is whether SMTP protocol support would really be
necessary within this module.

Personally it is not very high on my list. Initially I would like to have the curl wrapper accepted with only Http and basic Ftp just to reach a milestone. After that other protocols could be added. But thats just how I imagine the process.

/Jonas