On 01.07.2011 00:49, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:52:38 +0200, Daniel Gibson
<metalcae...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am 30.06.2011 23:50, schrieb KennyTM~:
On Jul 1, 11 05:39, bearophile wrote:
Jonathan M Davis:

Actually, I find the backticks to be by far the most pleasant way to
get raw
strings in D.

I don't have backticks on my keyboard, so I use them only when they
are needed. They have even removed the backticks in the Python2 ->
Python3 transition partially because of this (and partially because
there is a more obvious way to do it in Python, and Python tries to
keep only one obvious way to do things).

Bye,
bearophile

Python's `xyz` is equivalent to repr(xyz). I think it is removed in
Python 3 more because `...` is not worth the specialness as repr(). But
D's `...` is much more worthy as a convenient literal syntax when
involving '"' or '\'.

(I know some keyboard doesn't have '[' and ']'. So having no '`'
shouldn't be the reason it is removed from the language.)

Keyboards without []? This makes programming nearly impossible O_O

And standard Norwegian layout has them on AltGr+8/9. The pain.
But using US int'l has the added advantage of confusing the hell out
of my cow-orkers when they try to use my confuser (which has thus earned
that title :p).

Switch to programmer dvorak and they'll never touch your computer again.