bearophile wrote:
> Daniel Murphy:
>
>> If the only reason for removing 1.f and 1.L is to aid ufcs
>
> It's not the only reason, it's also a special case of the rule that asks for
> a zero.
>

>> we should also get rid of leading underscores after the decimal
>> point.  eg 1._3 also conflicts with ufcs.
>
> I see (this doesn't look nice regardless of UFCS, but changing it introduces a
special case in the use of the underscore).
> [snip.]

This is not a particularly strong argument in this case. Numeric literals cannot
*start* with an underscore either. For a similar reason. You add some detail to
the exception to the usage of the underscore, you do not really introduce a new
one. ;)

Related: ._1

(Btw: the lexer has to do some check when it encounters '.' within a number
anyways. Currently, this is checking if the following character is not '.'
The change would turn it into checking if the following character is numeric.)

Cheers,
-Timon