On 2011-07-14 08:48, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 20:32 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[ . . . ]
I think that one of the problem with these language independent build
tools is that they don't make it as easy as it could, because they
usually don't know enough about a given language.

This is generally due to incomplete support in the tools, this is not a
problem with general build frameworks per se.  In systems such as Waf
and SCons, the framework provides facilities for creating tools and for
those tools to build DAGs that then get "resolved" in the second phase
of activity.  The language specific tool does things as a first phase of
activity -- i.e. building the DAG.  The tools should realize all the
language specific things that that languages users needs and/or the
language expects.  Anything that is not handled is a problem that should
be fixed by the tool maintainer.

Ok, I see, but it sounds complicated. And I basically give all my hope to the tool maintainer to be willing to merge/implement the necessary functionality/changes that the tool need to support D.

--
/Jacob Carlborg