On 2011-07-13 09:18, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday 13 July 2011 03:01:04 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Regarding this topic's frequent ressurection, I see that as a direct result
of it all being *merely* talk, with very little concrete progress. We don't
even *have* a proper package management system (there's DSSS, but it's dead,
bitrotted, and I don't think it handles dependencies or multiple versions
of the same package). So naturally that topic's going to keep coming up
until we have something.

I belive that Jacob Carlborg is working on a solution. So,  there _is_ work
being done on it. By no means does that mean that you shouldn't work on a
solution, but it's not the case that no one has been working on the problem -
though it is true that it's been being brought up for far longer than it's
been being worked on.

- Jonathan M Davis

Yes, I do work on that. And a build tool as well.

--
/Jacob Carlborg