On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:31:14 +0300, Alex Rønne Petersen <xtzgzo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I really don't think this is a valid cause of concern in this day and age.

Perhaps not for you.

Look at Java and .NET. They're doing just fine even with all metadata being available.

And that's why obfuscators exist.

Plenty of commercial C++ products ship with RTTI these days, too (AAA games, even).

Some people care about this, some don't. Don't forget that many of these AAA games you speak of come bundled with invasive security software, with rootkit/spyware traits. Wouldn't you say that "security through obscurity" is the lesser of two evils?

What I mean to say is, I don't think we should let this "concern" hamper runtime reflection in D, because it evidently is not as big of an issue as people have made it out to be in the past. Security through obscurity is bad, as the saying goes.

Do you speak for everyone, then?

I certainly don't want to give any extra help to crackers, cheaters and griefers. It's stupid to ignore such things, and doing so does a disservice to your users.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net