Den 29-08-2011 23:08, Andrei Alexandrescu skrev:
On 8/29/11 3:46 PM, jdrewsen wrote:
[snip]
I looked around and it seems getopt is a moderately commonly asked
feature for libcurl. However, since it hasn't been implemented for
years, you probably made the right call to not provide shadow members.

I'll keep it that way then.

Regarding a native library vs. libcurl, honest I think your
implementation is here to stay, so it's great that you've spent (and
still are spending) time to make it compelling. Libcurl is a powerful,
mature library that leaves little incentive for a native implementation
written from scratch. Also, the author is cooperative and willing to
help distribution matters.

The curl wrappers usefullness will not go away any time soon. I do think that phobos would benefit from a pre/reactor based design with native http/ftp etc. support though. A step in that direction could render the curl wrapper less attractive in the future.

Regarding the post with callback examples, it would be great to show how
to transmit some data one chunk at a time. The change is minimal and
there's no more potential overflow.
ok

Walter suggested that I should write an article about using the wrapper. I've now taken the first steps on writing such an article. I will have to get the library API rock stable before I can finish it though.

Looking forward to the revised version!
Lots of work to do it seems :)

/Jonas