Walter Bright wrote:
> I don't think that is the reason PHP is such a bear to work with.

It is one of the problems with PHP, but I'm not sure it applies
to D the same way.

Almost *every time* I write PHP, I either mess up a name or the
argument order. (Sometimes, PHP functions go src, dest, and sometimes
it's dest, src. Ugh! The worst part is it doesn't even catch this.
A name mismatch throws an error when it's run. Reversed arguments just
silently do the wrong thing.)

The random argument order is a huge huge pain.

Contrast with D, where I've almost never forgotten a name. Granted,
it might be due to my auto-complete function so I type once and
only once, but it just hasn't been a big deal.

Thanks to the UFCS with arrays, the argument order is almost always
the same to work with that, so the much bigger problem never occurs.